- This event has passed.
The Reading Group
Meeting LIVE Online for 7 sessions.
Over the course of a few months we will be gathering online, every other week, to discuss writings related to art, painting and relevant culture. We’ll be reading from a variety of sources. The following will be discussed — with each session we will be turning to a new selection:
- Andrew Forge, “Painting and the Struggle for the Whole Self”, an essay from Observation: Notation – Collected Writings of Andrew Forge
- John Berger, “Steps Towards a Small Theory of the Visible (for Yves)”, from The Shape of a Pocket
- James Elkins, selections from What Painting Is
- Mary Jane Jacob, selections from Dewey for Artists
- John Berger, “A Professional Secret”, from Keeping a Rendezvous
- Richard Shiff, selections from Cezanne and the End of Impressionism
- Gillian Pederson-Krag, the opening essay to her self-published monograph
Excerpts will be designated and prepared beforehand. Jordan will be facilitating the discussion in a supportive and friendly atmosphere. Wine and nibbles recommended, although not essential. Open to painters and non-painters, of all persuasions, world-wide.
To register simply click on the “+” sign below.
This event has passed.