- This event has passed.
How does one paint a bunch of flowers and make them ALIVE? Working in oils within the tradition of floral still life, I’ll be demonstrating step-by-step, how to set up a convincing rendition of fresh flowers.
This 8-week, online, course will provide an opportunity to learn how to paint flowers.
The first four weeks will focus on gaining clarity of form and color.
The last four weeks will explore more experimental and playful approaches.
- Week One I’ll begin with drawing, working with line.
- Week Two will focus on values, working with oils in black and white, demonstrating how the mark can work to create the form directly.
- Weeks Three and Four will demonstrate working with tone and color mixing, beginning with a straightforward rendition and gradually moving into more experimental and gestural marking.
- This first part of the course we’ll look at the working methods of Manet, Van Gogh, and Albert York.
- Week Five I’ll begin with drawing, working in charcoal in a direct and gestural manner, exploring space and form though mark and perception.
- Week Six will continue the focus on black and white, working with oils, and demonstrating how experimentation and risk-taking can lead to unexpected results.
- Week Seven and Eight will demonstrate working with color, exploring the usage of very heavy paint, as well as non-tonal color as a way of investigating the situation.
- During the second half we’ll look at painters and their use of mark, such as Joan Mitchell , Ann Gale and Frank Auerbach.
Materials used in the demonstrations will be oil paint. Participants are welcome to use whichever materials are available and suitable for their at-home situation.
A Mighty Networks Group page will be provided for posting our work, for supportive community and creative sharing. Click HERE.
All sessions will be streamed in HIGH DEFINITION, with 3 camera views, providing greatly increased visual acuity of the painted surface and demonstrations.
All sessions will be recorded, archived and available for repeated viewing.
A Webinar Link will be sent out upon registration.
To register simply click on the “+” sign below.Materials
This event has passed.